Every year on 28th October, the sweet treat is celebrated by all the chocolate lovers and this year it's making Monday a whole lot more enjoyable! With a history of over 2,000 years, chocolate has been well-loved across the world still to this day.
A survey of 1,000 people made by National Today found 79% ate chocolate at least once a week and 59% of people chose milk chocolate as their favourite over white and dark.
10 Facts About Chocolate
- Chocolate milk contains the same amount of caffeine in as a cup of decaf coffee
- It takes 2-4 days to make a single-serving chocolate bar
- 400 cocoa beans make 1lb of chocolate
- The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves which trigger relaxation
- The darker the chocolate the higher caffeine content
- Cadbury made the first chocolate bar in the world in 1842
- The most expensive chocolate bar is the Cadbury Wispa Gold, which is wrapped in edible gold leaf costing $1,430 per bar
- Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by 1 third, as well as improving blood flow and lowering blood pressure
- White chocolate is not technically chocolate because it contains no cocoa solids and no cocoa liquor, it is made with coffee butter instead
- Chocolate has an antibacterial effect on the mouth and protects against tooth decay
How To Celebrate It
As above, we have found that maybe chocolate isn't that bad for you, but today is the day you have even more of an excuse to get your chocolate fix! Because it's October, hot drinks are a must-have, so hot chocolate is one way of indulging in the sweet treat while keeping cosy. Everyone knows coffee and chocolate is one of the best combinations, so why not add some chocolate into your daily coffee to make yourself a mocha? Another way of combining coffee and chocolate is to simply dip your favourite chocolate bar in your cup for a luxurious melt in the mouth moment.
No matter what you do, make sure to use the #NationalChocolateDay on all over social media to make sure everyone knows you're celebrating and how you're doing it!