Dehydration - How Does It Affect You At Work?
If someone said to you "drinking water throughout the day is important" you'd probably think it sounds like a very obvious statement to make. Despite this, a lot of people still do not drink enough water every day. Staying hydrated during work is essential to make sure you and your staff are working to your best ability.
How dehydration can affect you at work
- Causing fatigue and weakness,
- Decreasing alertness and slowing your reactions down,
- Reducing your attention span and focus,
- Disrupting productivity and cortisol (stress-induced hormone) levels,
- Putting you in a bad mood and negative mindset, disrupting your relations with colleagues.
Up to 60% of the human body is made up of water - it is one of the most (if not the most) important things that keep us functioning properly. It is vital you drink water throughout the day and being at work is not an exception.
Reasons for drinking water at work
- It helps you stay energised throughout the day,
- Increases productivity,
- Makes you feel fresh and stay awake,
- Improves your brain function,
- Reduces stress by balancing your hormone levels,
- Boosts your mood and gives you a positive mindset.
Getting in the habit of drinking enough water during the day is so easy and because it is so accessible in virtually all workplaces, from a tap or water machine.
Tips to drink more water at work
- Always have a water bottle with you to easily fill up even when you're on the go (this way you are helping the planet too as you're not creating waste!),
- Set a goal of how much water you want to drink per day (The NHS recommends 1.2l of water should be consumed every day to stay hydrated),
- Make it interesting by adding fruit and herbs for flavours,
- Install a watercooler in the office.
As we mentioned, it is super easy to access water in all workplaces because everywhere has a tap and sink. However, if the water at your work doesn't have the freshest water or the tap is a long walk away, installing a water cooler or water machine is the perfect way to provide convenience. At Absolute Drinks, we have two kinds of water machines to suit all different types of businesses.
Borg & Overstrom B3 Water Machine
- Hygienic touch-sensitive control panel
- Large dispense area for reusable water bottles
- Provides chilled, ambient and instant hot water
- Ideal for offices, bars, cafes, schools, colleges and salons
Ultimate Hydration Station
- Option for up to 2 flavoured syrups for a healthy alternative to sugary soft drinks
- Large dispense area for reusable and sports water bottles
- Advanced filtration systems
- Purified still, sparkling and flavoured water
- Coin or cashless option
- Ideal for sports centres, leisure centres, social clubs and schools
Contact us to find out more about how you can help increase your staff's productivity and improve their overall health with a water machine in the workplace.